You’re packing your bag for the big shoot in Bora Bora. You do a mental checklist of the necessary items you need for your carry-on bag…
- Bathing Suit: Check
- Strappy Sandals: Check
- Water Bottle, Body Lotion, Liquid Foundation: Wait!
The summer 2006 terrorist plots in Britain raised the US threat levels to red and brought about a whole new set of rules when it comes to travel.
For the latest tips on travel, we turned to Nathalie Tenne, Founder of the beauty website Carefair.com…
[PLUS Model Magazine] Natalie, what are the new rules plus models, and all travelers for that matter, need to take into consideration when packing a carry-on bag.
[Nathalie] Due to recent events, you can not take any liquids on planes in carry-on luggage. This includes items such as: toothpaste, perfume, shampoo and even lip gloss.
[PLUS Model Magazine] So what’s a beauty-conscious traveler supposed to do?
[Nathalie] If you don’t have time to dig through your checked luggage before heading off to your destination, take into consideration the following travel tips:
- Avoid or cut down on caffeinated beverages like coffee, tea and soda. They are too dehydrating. Drink lots of water or snack on fruits with a high water content such as berries, oranges, and mango slices before and/or during you flight. Avoid dehydrating beverages like beer, cocktails or wine
- Moisturize before flying to keep your skin glowing
- Consider using long-wearing cosmetics – such as long wear eye shadows that won’t cake or smudge, and lip-liners, concealers and eye-liners that are made to stay on for a longer time
What should you take?
- Look for powder alternatives to your shampoo/conditioner as well as your perfume. There are dry, powder-based shampoos (i.e., Hair Fix or Bumble and Bumble Hair Powder) and perfume powders available (i.e., Victoria’s Secret Heavenly Silkening Body Powder or Jessica Simpson’s Powdered Sugar Deliciously Kissable Body Shimmer). Also consider bringing baby powder to stay feeling fresh
- Pack "cleansing towelettes" – pre-moistened clothes that contain a cleaning solution and facial blotting tissue to remove excess oil and leave a light powder matte finish
- If you have any prescription acne medicine or skin creams – make sure you bring them in a properly labeled package
[PLUS Model Magazine]Thanks Nathalie! For more great beauty tips, visit Carefair.com…