I have been in Los Angeles for a year now and what a year it has been! I have to admit that although I have managed to score a few roles here and there, that aren’t completely offensive, it has been difficult. Particularly in the past few months where I have really started to get called in, and offered roles for parts on television and in film. However, I am sad to report that at this time many if not all of the roles I have been called in for are degrading and in a lot of cases, cruel. Every time my agent calls (instead of being thrilled that some major network wants to call me in for a pre-read) I become wary and anxious.
More in Life
- Join Us in The #healthyatanysize #getmoving2015 Holiday Challenge!
This holiday season, plus size model Mel Parrish is spearheading a movement that we can definitely get behind and support. The...November 28, 2015
- Small Business Saturday Deals: Amazing Plus Size Brands/Designers To Shop
Small Business Saturday is a great way to get some amazing deals from your favorite designers/brands/boutiques that work tirelessly to provide...November 28, 2015
- Plus Size Fashion Sales and Deals: The Black Friday 2015 Edition!
(Updated Friday 11/27, 11:10am ET – Anna Scholz, ASOS, Full Circle Plus, Shegul, Hannah Caroline Couture, SmartGlamour and Ready to Stare added)...November 27, 2015
- Modeling 101: How Often Should I Contact Potential Agencies About Being Signed?
Are you an aspiring plus size model? Would you like to know more about how to break into the plus modeling...November 26, 2015
- Enter to Win The Vivica A. Fox Collection For Curvy Couture Contest!
Actress Vivica A. Fox, now starring on FOX’s hit show “Empire” this Wednesday, is hosting an online contest for her new...November 25, 2015
- Lane Bryant Unveils Their 2016 Swim Collection in An Amazing Way
Plus size fashion retailer Lane Bryant has had quite a year with launching two major hashtag campaigns in an effort to...November 25, 2015