PLUS Model Magazine Dares to Bare… 8 Nude Plus Models!

PLUS Model Magazine Dares to Bare... 8 Nude Plus Models!Glamour Magazine featured a nude editorial featuring the beautiful Lizzie Miller… In this issue of PLUS we pushed and pushed and tore the envelope wide open with our ‘Dare to Love Your Body’ Editorial where we feature 8 nude plus size models of all shapes, sizes and ethnicities with only their confidence to embrace.

Click to view the editorial

Join the conversation… tell us what you think of our fabulous and fearless plus models! And what would YOU ‘Dare to Bare?’

Comments

1. venus says

The pictures show we are moving in the right direction, and they made me love and respect my body even more, well done they were beatiful and I think better than glamour. They should DIFFERENT BODY TYPES, hourglass, triangle Apple pear and that is the beauty of it.

I must say I was shocked to see the girls baring all since plus modeling is usually pretty conservative. I think all the ladies looked beautiful however there were a few issues I had with the spread.

I noticed none of the girls seem to be over a size 16. I know Shalon is a size 12/14 and Victoria is a size 14. What bothered me about this is if we’re telling plus women to embrace their bodies and love every curve why not use a bigger model? I would have loved to see a size 18 or up girl in the spread as well as the smaller girls.

Another thing I noticed is the pics look heavily photo shopped. Why expose the plus models if you’re going to edit away all the flaws? Seems to be counter productive to the statement that you were trying to make. To me it says “love your body, but only if you’re a size 14 with no noticeable rolls, belly pooch etc.

You could have done so much with this spread. I think you were trying to push the envelope with these “risque” pics but ended up playing it safe.

I do commend you for taking the risk however it didn’t quite make the cut for me.

Ariana

3. Stella Dean says

I would have liked to see more diversity in the body shapes. Plus a little less retouching so that women can see that even Plus Models have imperfections.

I’m a Zaftig nude art model, and I think it’s healthy to show what women actually look like.

Kudos to stepping past the conservative Plus Model boundaries, but next time lets push the limit even further. :)

4. Kimmoy says

Wish there was a greater variety of models when it comes to sizes and a more inspiring shoot that tied to the message; it seemed very monotonous don’t you think?

Nonetheless, glad to see Plus Model Magazine take a step in the right direction. The photos were definitely beautiful.

Hi! Thank you for your feeback. We really do appreciate it.

Just a few quick notes… Photographer Les Delano is wonderful and besides brushing in skin color to cover tan lines we did not alter anyones skin.. these girls are all very blessed to have such amazing bodies.. Briana our size 16/18 and is also representing the petitie models Modeling generally stops at a size 18 within the agency sites.

Thank you for your support!

Maddy

Which model was a size 18? Brandy was the largest looking and she looks more like a 16 to me, maybe a 18.

Wilhelmina’s plus modeling board goes up to a size 20.

All in all I think the editorial is headed in the right direction. I’d love to see you push the envelope further though.

7. Deemay says

Beautiful shots … I still feel that the girls could have been a little bigger to really prove the point that big is hella-beautiful, but the photography and staging were excellent.

Well done

8. theclassicplussizewoman says

What A great idea and great looking photos, I agree with Deemay don’t be scared kick it up a notch. A nicely stacked size 20 or 22 will be a good challenge for you and an inspiration for us REALLY plus sized girls. Go for it!

Thanks