H & M Set to Try Again With “INCLUSIVE” Plus Size Collection

Plus size collection coming from H & M

Press Release below:

This spring H&M presents Inclusive – a one-off collection of colourful and feminine fashion with lots of attitude in a wider than usual range of sizes. The twenty pieces will be available in sizes 32-54 and will be sold exclusively through H&M Online from early March. The collection includes figure-flattering party dresses in 50’s styles with large polka dots and rose patterns, as well as skirts, tops, cardigans and lingerie following the same theme.

Personal Note:

H & M left a very sour taste, in many former plus size consumers mouths, when they pulled the small plus size sections out of their stores. No one past a size 16/18 or XL has been able to shop at an H & M store for years. With the INCLUSIVE line, they will attempt to make amends with the plus size consumer. Will they be reaching out and marketing to the woman they are making the clothing for? This remains to be seen! Stay tuned…

Follow PLUS Model Magazine on twitter @plusmodelmag

www.plusmodelmag.com

Comments

1. LA Davidson says

I have a problem with it only being available online. I like shopping just like everyone else and I want the ability to compare the material & try it on. In my opinion, this style of marketing means you want my money, but not my presence in your store. Will the shipping be free on these items? In my opinion, they still have a LONG way to go!

2. Danielle says

OMG!!!! YES and FINALLY!! I love the look that H&M is going with. OH and I cannot wait to get that blue dress!

LA Davidson – I agree completely with you. Just like studies show, consumers still buy more in stores than they do online. And if H&M want my business, they are going to have to have it in the stores. I personally do not like purchasing clothing online because with my body, everything fits different. They really need to step it up and just replace the plus line in stores.

4. kadeerae says

Am I the only person who cannot find the plus size online. I am using a tablet instead of s computer however do I need yo change my country from United States

5. ChiGirl7 says

Great news! i love H&M! I can sometimes wear some of the knit tops, but i would say for the most part, it’s a no go. H&M doesn’t currently let you order on online! how can we buy it if they don’t have that option?

6. Karen says

I usually do not post on these sites, but this article just struck a nerve!! Being a plus size girl all of my life, I have ranged from a size 10 to 28/30 finally settling into a happy size 12/14. I remember when I would drive 2 hours to the nearest H&M with a plus size section. Slowly, as America grew larger, they removed all of their plus sizes from ALL of their stores. And this was done with little to no explanation. Being a size now where I COULD shop in their straight size stores/line, I refuse. I will never set foot in a store like that again, why would ANY of us want to buy from a company who refuses to proudly display larger sizes beside “straight” sizes. These days, we have plenty of choices of stores that we can walk into and buy stylish clothes off the rack. Don’t buy from a company that feels that it is doing us a favor by carrying twenty pieces in larger sizes for a one season trial online only. Ridiculous!!