To Top

Maddy “TIGHTS” Controversy – Las Vegas

Packing for a trip is always a bit of a challenge for me, especially when I’m going from one temperature zone to another, so when I was packing for my trip to Las Vegas I decided this would be the right time to sport a new look.

Many times, the cutest shoes I own will be summer shoes, and putting them away for winter is just such a drag, so when I saw this new trend popping up in all the magazines and blogs, I was excited! Tights with sandals!

Little did I know wearing sandals and tights would cause such a stir on the City Chic Facebook page. Overnight there were quiet a few messages from people who loved it and hated it. I felt just fine, and love the look myself, because fashion is for everyone not just for models on the catwalk.

Is this a personal Do or Don’t for you?

Dress: City Chic

Cardigan, shoes and tights: Lane Bryant

City Chic Facebook Fanpage

1. phillii

February 25, 2011 at 3:10 pm

I think its a cute look. When I first saw it I certainly did a o0 but as I’ve watched the trend evolve I definitely see its potential.

2. Tina

February 25, 2011 at 3:19 pm

I think you look lovely, Maddy. I’ve never worn the tights with sandals look, but I do like it.

3. LaCara

February 25, 2011 at 3:31 pm

You look fab!!! I think it’s a good look, and I’ve rocked this look on several occasions. I think it’s just based on personal preferences, but for me it’s a do!! :)

4. T Baby

February 25, 2011 at 6:42 pm

I personally love to rock this look! I have some awesomely cute black gladiator stiletto’s that I just couldn’t part with for the whole winter. We don’t get snow where I live…I wouldn’t try this style in snow. But I have some cute dressed and skirts that look fab with the tights/sandals trend. If you love it, you got the confidence to pull it off, I say go for it!!

5. T Baby

February 25, 2011 at 6:43 pm

btw…your hair looks fab!!!

6. MzDivaPlus

February 25, 2011 at 7:29 pm

Love it! Plus the Lane Bryant Cardigan is so cute. Love the ruffles!

7. PLUS Model Magazine

February 25, 2011 at 2:54 pm

Maddy “TIGHTS” Controversy – Las Vegas

8. AmazeMagazine

February 25, 2011 at 3:27 pm

PLUS Mag Updates: Maddy "TIGHTS" Controversy Las Vegas – Packing for a trip is always a bit of a challenge for me, …

9. PLUS Model Magazine

February 25, 2011 at 3:27 pm

PLUS Mag Updates Maddy "TIGHTS" Controversy Las Vegas – Packing for a trip is always a bit of a challenge for me, e…

10. Michelle Cuello

February 26, 2011 at 10:48 pm

I think this look rocks! I have worn tights with open toed boots from Steve Madden and gotten lots of compliments. With fashion, there are no rules set in stone. I like to mix things up and experiment and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. That’s what personal style is all about, taking chances and pushing the limits. Some may like it, some may not, that’s why it’s called personal style. Your look is definitely a DO for me.

11. Limarie

February 28, 2011 at 2:00 pm

I love it and have rocked it myself. It’s all about what works for you, and this look WORKS for your style. You are gorgeous girl!

12. Stephanie Danforth

February 28, 2011 at 6:57 pm

In my opinion fashion rules should be thrown out the window. No one can tell you what you feel comfortable wearing.

With that being said……

I love it! In fact, it’s inspiring. When I leave my 9 to 5, I’m going home to get all my sandals out and planning my outfits for the week……with sandals and tights.