FIRED! Nigel Barker, Jay Manuel & J. Alexander from ANTM

Oh my crying, smizing eyes, the news may just break America’s Next Top Model fans hearts. After 19 cycles there is a major change taking place, and no, it isn’t a plus size version of the show. Nigel Barker, Jay Manuel, and Miss J have all been fired, axed, removed… these three unforgetable characters are no more.

According to the New York Post, the modeling show’s executive producer Ken Mok said in a statement:

“Nigel Barker, Jay Manuel and J. Alexander have been an integral part of the ‘America’s Next Top Model’ brand and they helped turn this show into the household name it is today. They have been amazing assets to the show and will always be a part of the ‘Top Model’ family. We will continue to actively work with each of them on future projects.”

While many changes have occurred on the show including judges, agencies, and magazines, these three men have remained a consistent part, as much a part of the show as Tyra Banks herself. What do you think? Is change good? Will you still watch? Will your smize turn upside down to a sfrown?

Courtesy of Huffington Post

Read this month’s issue of PLUS Model Magazine Here

Comments

1. Marti says

I haven’t watched ANTM in a very, very long time. No matter the changes they make, the show is still the same routine every season. It was fun at first, but it’s played itself out a long time ago.

2. Carri says

What? I love the show still after all these years but I don’t see how it can survive without these three. They, along with Tyra Banks makes the show, but she can’t do it all. I think this is the beginning of the end of ANTM…

I am at a loss for words.. they along with Tyra is what has made ANTM.. I just can not picture the show without them.. I will no longer be watching!!!

This is sad news because the three of them along with Tyra made up the ANTM brand. Now by show deciding not to add them back to the show, they may lose some fans because their personalities were at the forefront more than Tyra’s. I haven’t watched due to time constraints but I’m not sure if I can appreciate the show with the same enthusiasm without the fellas. I hope that whatever this change brings forth for the Tyra Banks Team, it will be one where it’s an obvious improvement to what I felt was perfect as is.

WOW I never thought I would see the day they practically made the show and although people were start struck over Tyra they really wanted to work with the three of them. Nigel, Jay Manuel & J. Alexander gave the girls awesome feedback and knew personally what struggles lie ahead of them!!! So sad but I know other doors will be opened.

Shay Mayo-Richardson

6. el says

really? who cares :) I enjoy a guilty pleasure as of ANTM as much as the next gal, but it’s about cat-fights & pretty pictures. So people moved on with their careers… good for them!!!! get over it. I would understand if Tyra left – then OK. Maybe that would be newsworthy. Come to think of it even if she did… the concept is what draws people to the show…In the last couple of seasons I find glorious T. a distraction anyway… Just sayn’