To Top

FIRED! Nigel Barker, Jay Manuel & J. Alexander from ANTM

Oh my crying, smizing eyes, the news may just break America’s Next Top Model fans hearts. After 19 cycles there is a major change taking place, and no, it isn’t a plus size version of the show. Nigel Barker, Jay Manuel, and Miss J have all been fired, axed, removed… these three unforgetable characters are no more.

According to the New York Post, the modeling show’s executive producer Ken Mok said in a statement:

“Nigel Barker, Jay Manuel and J. Alexander have been an integral part of the ‘America’s Next Top Model’ brand and they helped turn this show into the household name it is today. They have been amazing assets to the show and will always be a part of the ‘Top Model’ family. We will continue to actively work with each of them on future projects.”

While many changes have occurred on the show including judges, agencies, and magazines, these three men have remained a consistent part, as much a part of the show as Tyra Banks herself. What do you think? Is change good? Will you still watch? Will your smize turn upside down to a sfrown?

Courtesy of Huffington Post

Read this month’s issue of PLUS Model Magazine Here

1. Marti

April 20, 2012 at 8:40 am

I haven’t watched ANTM in a very, very long time. No matter the changes they make, the show is still the same routine every season. It was fun at first, but it’s played itself out a long time ago.

2. Carri

April 20, 2012 at 9:05 am

What? I love the show still after all these years but I don’t see how it can survive without these three. They, along with Tyra Banks makes the show, but she can’t do it all. I think this is the beginning of the end of ANTM…

3. Mimi

April 20, 2012 at 9:08 am

I am at a loss for words.. they along with Tyra is what has made ANTM.. I just can not picture the show without them.. I will no longer be watching!!!

4. Sherries Pritchard

April 20, 2012 at 9:31 am

This is sad news because the three of them along with Tyra made up the ANTM brand. Now by show deciding not to add them back to the show, they may lose some fans because their personalities were at the forefront more than Tyra’s. I haven’t watched due to time constraints but I’m not sure if I can appreciate the show with the same enthusiasm without the fellas. I hope that whatever this change brings forth for the Tyra Banks Team, it will be one where it’s an obvious improvement to what I felt was perfect as is.

5. Rebel

April 20, 2012 at 10:24 am

I’d be more inclined to watch it again if they remove Tyra, she’s so obnoxious.

6. Kerim

April 20, 2012 at 3:34 pm

FIRED! Nigel Barker, Jay Manuel & J. Alexander from ANTM via @Plusmodelmag

7. PLUS Model Magazine

April 20, 2012 at 3:38 pm

ANTM's Men Fired!

8. PLUS Model Magazine

April 20, 2012 at 3:39 pm

@HonorYourStyle @TulinReidPMM @ANTM

9. Barbara Sim?i?

April 20, 2012 at 3:40 pm

FIRED! Nigel Barker, Jay Manuel & J. Alexander from ANTM via @Plusmodelmag

10. Tulin Reid

April 20, 2012 at 3:41 pm

@HonorYourStyle @ANTM @Plusmodelmag It's a sad day!

11. Tulin Reid

April 20, 2012 at 3:42 pm

FIRED! Nigel Barker, Jay Manuel & J. Alexander from ANTM Can no longer smize, only sfrown… via @Plusmodelmag

12. NoLa Girl

April 20, 2012 at 4:05 pm

ANTM's Men Fired!

13. Nakeishia Knox

April 20, 2012 at 4:13 pm

FIRED! Nigel Barker, Jay Manuel & J. Alexander from ANTM via @Plusmodelmag

14. TheCurvyGirl'sGuide

April 21, 2012 at 4:07 am

“@Plusmodelmag: ANTM's Men Fired!” // Oh my! I'm sad about Jay & Nigel!

15. Louise Hunter

April 21, 2012 at 7:02 am

FIRED! Nigel Barker, Jay Manuel & J. Alexander from ANTM

16. Shay Mayo-Richardson

April 23, 2012 at 9:17 am

WOW I never thought I would see the day they practically made the show and although people were start struck over Tyra they really wanted to work with the three of them. Nigel, Jay Manuel & J. Alexander gave the girls awesome feedback and knew personally what struggles lie ahead of them!!! So sad but I know other doors will be opened.

Shay Mayo-Richardson

17. el

May 19, 2012 at 6:37 pm

really? who cares :) I enjoy a guilty pleasure as of ANTM as much as the next gal, but it’s about cat-fights & pretty pictures. So people moved on with their careers… good for them!!!! get over it. I would understand if Tyra left – then OK. Maybe that would be newsworthy. Come to think of it even if she did… the concept is what draws people to the show…In the last couple of seasons I find glorious T. a distraction anyway… Just sayn’