How Can I Work with PLUS Model Magazine?

How Can I Work with PLUS Model Magazine? This is the question I answer numerous times a day. PLUS Model Magazine works with professional models (signed models). If you are already signed then you are being considered already.

If you are not signed, then you still have an opportunity to work with us in different ways.

1) PLUS Model Search
We do a model search every year and we are always looking for the freshest faces.

2) PLUS Spotlight Model of the Month
In each issue of PLUS Model Magazine, we bring some attention to those plus models who are up-and-coming.

3) PLUS Opportunities Throughout the Year
Join the PLUS Model Magazine blog where new opportunities arise all the time! We will keep you updated as we embrace new ways to incorporate non-signed models within the magazine.

If you enjoyed these Top 10 Questions Plus Models Should Be Asking Themselves, please let me know by leaving a comment below. And make sure to check my, “Maddy’s Guide to Plus Modeling” often for tips and inspiration, as well as our extensive How to Be a Plus Model page  for more information on not only how to get into plus size modeling, but how to manage your career long-term… lots to share!

All the best in your career…

XOXO Maddy

Need more information, click here to learn more on how to be a plus size model.

Comments

1. Kaitlyn Giguere says

Thank you for the great tips, it’s good to know the steps I have been taking will take me in the correct direction. I must say that I would love to work with PMM and if you would take look at my blog, which contains photos from my portfolio and fashion films I have been in, I would love and appreciate your personal advice and guidance.

2. SOnya says

goodmorning.. i was trying to see were are the guidelines for the spotlight model of the month.. please advise….

3. Tre' says

This was very helpful! No matter where you are in your career, whether starting out, on hiatus or just need a refresher, this was great!

4. Keshia says

This is great for a new person like me who is “thinking” about plus modeling…

5. Aiz says

i recently discovered your page.. this Q and A is really helpful for beginners like me.. i hope a plus magazine also reaches Asia..

6. Francine Rodgers says

Great article, Maddy! Very informative for the gal looking to branch into this amazing industry!

7. Jaritza Fernandez says

I’m 15 years old and I’m 5’9 and weight around 250. I want to become a plus model but I haven’t found a place. Do you know any places where I can look? I’m really want to be a plus model

8. Heather says

Thank you very much for these helpful tips! My height and my tattoos are going to be my biggest challenge. When I do my head show and full body is it best I show my tattoos? Or should I use cover up on them?

9. Elizabeth Prebble says

thank uou for taking time to give inspiring models a way to find themselves a new and exciting career. It has been over thirty years since i been on a runway. I am so excited to be going back into this feild. I have the support of my financee and we will be doing our best to make this work for me. Seems he is more excited than I am for me to go back into something I really loved as a teen. So, again I like to thank you for all the kind and supportive information in which you write.

10. Maddy M says

Thank you for the tips to get me going in the right direction, but is there an age requirement for most plus size modeling? I look younger than my age, but I do not lie about my age and believe there is a market for 35+ women who want to look fashionable, sexy and classy

11. Starr says

Hello! (: I really appreciate this entire website. I’ve been thinking about getting into modeling for a while now and this answered every question I’ve ever asked myself. Thanks so much!

12. Christina Kenney says

Thank you so much for posting these tips online. I am a recent college graduate and throughout my young adult life, I have been told to model. Since I am Plus-Size, I never thought that the opportunity was possible for me. After reading this series of articles, I have a new fire to pursue modeling along with my other career goals. Thank you again for opening my eyes to this industry. I have something to strive for.

13. Selina Rivera says

This was very helpful, thank you so much. I always had so many questions about plus size modeling and never knew where to start. I would love to try and start modeling because it is a passion of mine to be in front of the camera. No matter what people said about me. I used to be very self conscience about myself but now i am comfortable and love who i am. so Thank you very much! I plan to keep in touch. I want to become known and get my face out there. I’m SO excited!!!

14. Brendae' Shaunte' says

I really enjoyed reading your tips and they gave me insight on topics I would not have thought of. Keep them coming and thanks!!!

15. whitney okiya says

I really enjoyed reading your tips and it has given me a lot of insight to get myself ready for the journey ahead…thanks a million

16. Techla says

Hey Maddy, this article is very informative. Question, how can I be a ‘Plus Model Spotlight of the month’?.

17. Courtney says

Maddy, thank you so much for this information! I’ve been wanting to do some modeling for years, but was always told I was too big (I wear a size 24/26) or too short (I’m only 5’2″) to do so. I’ve done a couple of pageants and a couple runway shows for local stores and churches several years back, but nothing of any real substance. This helped to motivate me to try getting into it again. Maybe this time I really can make more of a splash in the modeling scene…

18. Angela says

Thanks for the information. With so many scams out there it is good to find a reputable site. Thanks again.

19. kemi ojo says

Maddy… i cant thank you enough the picture and the what to wear part was realy helpful. thank you.

20. Mary Clunie says

Mrs .Maddy – Thank -you so much for all the information – It has helped me to really get an idea of what I have to do to become a plus size model. I believed that every woman who feels that they are beautiful and want to pursue their Dreams has an opportunity to show the world. So I know that I can speak for all of the full figured woman that, We are so grateful to have someone in our corner.

21. vanessa says

i really enjoy this top 10 .
    i would love to become a plus size model , but i will have to wait long time :/
    may allah bless all of you and your families

thanks for your post Maddy <3

22. Krystle Hunter says

This is definitely informative for me I do appreciate the article. I am 6’0″ and I just had a baby and have lost a lot of weight (I’m about a size 20 now) but I have gotten stretch marks on my stomach from having kids (I have 2 now) and I am also 28 years old so honestly will that hinder my chances of ever considering becoming a plus size model? Thanks for the information!!! I love PMM!!!!

23. mistique says

Thank you so much for sharing the information I just finished reading It was very help full.

24. Nikki Carlin says

For years, I have been asked if I modeled. My response used to be I was too fat to model. Now, it’s I’m too old to model. I also worry I am too tall to model. I am 6’3″ and weigh around 230. I wear anything between a 14-18. Being at such an in between stage is difficult, but also gives me a lot of options. I would love more information on if I could be a plus size model. I’ve never known where to start.

1. […] How can I work with PLUS Model Magazine? About Editor-in-Chief, Madeline Figueroa-JonesMadeline hails from a close-knit NYC family and started her plus size modeling career with a spread in BBW magazine. In early 2003 Figueroa was selected to appear as the spokes model for the "Hips, Heels & Curves" Fashion Show, continuing on to casting director for the Dangerous Curves 2003/2004 Tour. After appearing on several television segments including Aqui Y Ahora for Univision she began reaching out to the plus size community by serving as a moderator for VenusDivas.com, Empowerment Editor for AmaZeMagazine.com. Madeline and her husband Luke reside in the Battery Park city area of NY and operate lucaspictures.net.Mail | […]