Connect
To Top

How Can I Work with PLUS Model Magazine?

How Can I Work with PLUS Model Magazine? This is the question I answer numerous times a day. PLUS Model Magazine works with professional models (signed models). If you are already signed then you are being considered already.

If you are not signed, then you still have an opportunity to work with us in different ways.

1) PLUS Model Search
We do a model search every year and we are always looking for the freshest faces.

2) PLUS Spotlight Model of the Month
In each issue of PLUS Model Magazine, we bring some attention to those plus models who are up-and-coming.

3) PLUS Opportunities Throughout the Year
Join the PLUS Model Magazine blog where new opportunities arise all the time! We will keep you updated as we embrace new ways to incorporate non-signed models within the magazine.

If you enjoyed these Top 10 Questions Plus Models Should Be Asking Themselves, please let me know by leaving a comment below. And make sure to check my, “Maddy’s Guide to Plus Modeling” often for tips and inspiration, as well as our extensive How to Be a Plus Model page  for more information on not only how to get into plus size modeling, but how to manage your career long-term… lots to share!

All the best in your career…

XOXO Maddy

Need more information, click here to learn more on how to be a plus size model.

48 Comments

1. Kaitlyn Giguere

May 7, 2012 at 6:39 pm

Thank you for the great tips, it’s good to know the steps I have been taking will take me in the correct direction. I must say that I would love to work with PMM and if you would take look at my blog, which contains photos from my portfolio and fashion films I have been in, I would love and appreciate your personal advice and guidance.

2. SOnya

May 10, 2012 at 6:02 am

goodmorning.. i was trying to see were are the guidelines for the spotlight model of the month.. please advise….

3. Tre'

May 10, 2012 at 8:47 pm

This was very helpful! No matter where you are in your career, whether starting out, on hiatus or just need a refresher, this was great!

4. Keshia

May 14, 2012 at 7:50 am

This is great for a new person like me who is “thinking” about plus modeling…

5. Kristen Graham

May 21, 2012 at 12:14 pm

Terrific advice! I meet all the size specs, but are agencies usually looking for plus size models within a certain age range as well?

6. Aiz

May 23, 2012 at 12:32 pm

i recently discovered your page.. this Q and A is really helpful for beginners like me.. i hope a plus magazine also reaches Asia..

7. Francine Rodgers

May 25, 2012 at 8:28 am

Great article, Maddy! Very informative for the gal looking to branch into this amazing industry!

8. Jaritza Fernandez

June 2, 2012 at 6:24 pm

I’m 15 years old and I’m 5’9 and weight around 250. I want to become a plus model but I haven’t found a place. Do you know any places where I can look? I’m really want to be a plus model

9. Heather

June 14, 2012 at 6:15 am

Thank you very much for these helpful tips! My height and my tattoos are going to be my biggest challenge. When I do my head show and full body is it best I show my tattoos? Or should I use cover up on them?

10. Psyche Calderon V

June 29, 2012 at 5:17 pm

RT @plusmodelmag: How Can I Work with PLUS Model Magazine? http://t.co/316h9HrQ

11. Elizabeth Prebble

June 30, 2012 at 12:49 pm

thank uou for taking time to give inspiring models a way to find themselves a new and exciting career. It has been over thirty years since i been on a runway. I am so excited to be going back into this feild. I have the support of my financee and we will be doing our best to make this work for me. Seems he is more excited than I am for me to go back into something I really loved as a teen. So, again I like to thank you for all the kind and supportive information in which you write.

12. Melissa Daley

July 15, 2012 at 9:18 am

Some great and well needed advice. Thanks a lot Maddy.

13. Maddy M

July 15, 2012 at 9:59 am

Thank you for the tips to get me going in the right direction, but is there an age requirement for most plus size modeling? I look younger than my age, but I do not lie about my age and believe there is a market for 35+ women who want to look fashionable, sexy and classy

14. Starr

July 27, 2012 at 8:06 am

Hello! (: I really appreciate this entire website. I’ve been thinking about getting into modeling for a while now and this answered every question I’ve ever asked myself. Thanks so much!

15. Christina Kenney

August 6, 2012 at 11:07 am

Thank you so much for posting these tips online. I am a recent college graduate and throughout my young adult life, I have been told to model. Since I am Plus-Size, I never thought that the opportunity was possible for me. After reading this series of articles, I have a new fire to pursue modeling along with my other career goals. Thank you again for opening my eyes to this industry. I have something to strive for.

16. Selina Rivera

September 6, 2012 at 6:21 pm

This was very helpful, thank you so much. I always had so many questions about plus size modeling and never knew where to start. I would love to try and start modeling because it is a passion of mine to be in front of the camera. No matter what people said about me. I used to be very self conscience about myself but now i am comfortable and love who i am. so Thank you very much! I plan to keep in touch. I want to become known and get my face out there. I’m SO excited!!!

17. Brendae' Shaunte'

September 8, 2012 at 9:27 am

I really enjoyed reading your tips and they gave me insight on topics I would not have thought of. Keep them coming and thanks!!!

18. whitney okiya

September 20, 2012 at 6:15 am

I really enjoyed reading your tips and it has given me a lot of insight to get myself ready for the journey ahead…thanks a million

19. JackieRed Fitness

October 16, 2012 at 5:11 pm

RT @plusmodelmag: How Can I Work with PLUS Model Magazine? http://t.co/L7UTaFGb

20. edna

November 2, 2012 at 12:09 am

thanks for the tip hope it helps in..

21. Jayde Ramos

November 13, 2012 at 10:06 am

Great information Maddy! I will pass it along! =)

22. Tracy Feagiai-McNeal

November 13, 2012 at 6:45 pm

Thank you so much for writing this article!! It’s so frusterating trying to figure out where to start on your own. I look forward to reading more great pieces from you!!

23. Techla

November 23, 2012 at 4:27 am

Hey Maddy, this article is very informative. Question, how can I be a ‘Plus Model Spotlight of the month’?.

24. Elluany

January 26, 2013 at 10:17 am

Muy interesante…gracias

25. shaquayla

February 1, 2013 at 5:59 pm

Hi, wanting more info on becoming the the next plus modeling for the month,or the year

26. Courtney

February 7, 2013 at 9:51 am

Maddy, thank you so much for this information! I’ve been wanting to do some modeling for years, but was always told I was too big (I wear a size 24/26) or too short (I’m only 5’2″) to do so. I’ve done a couple of pageants and a couple runway shows for local stores and churches several years back, but nothing of any real substance. This helped to motivate me to try getting into it again. Maybe this time I really can make more of a splash in the modeling scene…

27. Angela

June 8, 2013 at 12:41 am

Thanks for the information. With so many scams out there it is good to find a reputable site. Thanks again.

28. Marsha Toussaint

June 23, 2013 at 10:14 pm

This was truly helpful. I enjoyed and needed this. Thank you so much… :-)

29. Adeliada Scranton

July 9, 2013 at 2:46 pm

Thank you so much for the tips!

30. kemi ojo

August 20, 2013 at 7:03 am

Maddy… i cant thank you enough the picture and the what to wear part was realy helpful. thank you.

31. Mary Clunie

August 27, 2013 at 1:08 pm

Mrs .Maddy – Thank -you so much for all the information – It has helped me to really get an idea of what I have to do to become a plus size model. I believed that every woman who feels that they are beautiful and want to pursue their Dreams has an opportunity to show the world. So I know that I can speak for all of the full figured woman that, We are so grateful to have someone in our corner.

32. vanessa

October 8, 2013 at 12:50 am

i really enjoy this top 10 .
    i would love to become a plus size model , but i will have to wait long time :/
    may allah bless all of you and your families

thanks for your post Maddy <3

33. Krystle Hunter

October 27, 2013 at 2:22 pm

This is definitely informative for me I do appreciate the article. I am 6’0″ and I just had a baby and have lost a lot of weight (I’m about a size 20 now) but I have gotten stretch marks on my stomach from having kids (I have 2 now) and I am also 28 years old so honestly will that hinder my chances of ever considering becoming a plus size model? Thanks for the information!!! I love PMM!!!!

34. Leslie Liam

November 17, 2013 at 7:40 pm

This information was super nice it helps a lot! Love it.

35. mistique

March 10, 2014 at 4:32 am

Thank you so much for sharing the information I just finished reading It was very help full.

36. Nikki Carlin

April 10, 2014 at 8:05 pm

For years, I have been asked if I modeled. My response used to be I was too fat to model. Now, it’s I’m too old to model. I also worry I am too tall to model. I am 6’3″ and weigh around 230. I wear anything between a 14-18. Being at such an in between stage is difficult, but also gives me a lot of options. I would love more information on if I could be a plus size model. I’ve never known where to start.

37. Marcy Cruz, Blog Editor

April 10, 2014 at 8:22 pm

Hi Nikki,

Please check out our Modeling section for more information on how to become a plus model: http://www.plus-model-mag.com/how-to-be-a-plus-size-model/

Good luck!
    Marcy

38. Desiree Bleek

September 9, 2014 at 3:15 am

This article was very helpful.

39. Hanna

October 15, 2014 at 3:00 pm

very informative , thank you;)

40. Hanna

October 15, 2014 at 3:01 pm

very informative , thank you)

41. Virginia

March 2, 2015 at 5:57 pm

This was very helpful, thank you.
    I am trying to figure out how to become a plus side model and did not know where to look for the information.
    Your site is full of helpful links and information meanwhile it is easy to understand and follow and that is refreshing.

Virginia

42. Crystal Moton

March 5, 2015 at 6:29 pm

I have really enjoying you sharing your knowledge on becoming a plus size model. I found the informaton you shared to be very helpful and interesting. Your tips and words of inspiration have shed light to many questions I had concerning the modeling industry. Thank you for answering some of the questions I have been asking for many years.

43. Tutuzela

March 10, 2015 at 12:46 am

Thank you for the guidelines. I am so inspired to get started. It has been an idea all along but after going through these guidelines, I see the possibilities. Thank you very much.

44. LaTara Hart

May 20, 2015 at 2:05 pm

This was great, full of useful information! Thanks so very much!

45. Christina

August 9, 2015 at 6:19 pm

I’m am 28 and mother of 2..@ 250 pounds… been looking into plus size modeling and not sure where to look first. Can you help?

46. Lisa Lopez

August 27, 2015 at 1:21 pm

Thank you, these are great tips you are giving and that’s very nice when you dont have to. I wonder if its more important to be taller than fit the clothes. Just 3″ shy of height and Im pant size 26 but sometimes can squeeze into a 24. Hmmm…

47. nontobeko

September 1, 2015 at 5:23 am

hi am 22 years and i want to be a plus size modell my weaight is 101 so i want to know where can i get the near by agency