Connect
To Top

How do I Approach a Plus Modeling Agency?

How do I Approach a Plus Modeling Agency?

Once you determine what type of modeling you are best suited for, check out our listing of plus modeling agencies in the USA and around the world.

Plus Agency Open Call
If they do an open call (A specified time when they will see models) once a month, attend the open call. When you go there bring two photos with you. A headshot AND a full body shot. Your name and stats should be on the back as well as contact information. If you have a portfolio, bring that as well or a comp card.

Mailing Your Photos to a Plus Modeling Agency
If they ask for you to mail in your information, include a short letter to send with your images. Your images should be at least 600 X 900. Not too big and not too small. Please do not send cell phone pictures, pictures at your prom, wedding or birthday or photos with anyone else in them! You should not be doing any ‘peace’ or ‘gang signs’; they should be simple photos that show your face, skin and figure.

What do I wear when I am meeting
with a modeling agency?

14 Comments

1. alexis greer

September 11, 2012 at 5:26 pm

hi my name is alexis let me tell you a lil about me. i had a hard life grownin up i alway wantwd to be a plus size model and the reason why is express my feelings to the world. i was billy in school because i was fat it a hurtful feelin i alway wanted to be a model but people would tease me and say you to fat to be a model and i want to show them people that big girls are here and it time for me to fright back and make a differce that i can do it thank you:alexis Lgreer

2. Jessica Proctor

March 9, 2013 at 3:46 am

Hello, my name is Jessica. I am 5’8 and 230 lbs. I am a plus size girl but very beautiful. I have actually had agencies come up to me in the past but did not have the self esteem.. I do now tho 😉 I would love to send you some pics and see what you think. Please help me with a career in plus size modeling. Thanks, Jessica Proctor and if u would like to reach me by phone my number is 8283900611

3. Erika Banas

March 13, 2013 at 9:40 pm

I go through an agency now but it is not a plus size agency. I’ve gained some weight after a few years and I believe that I would be a perfect candidate for this! I am 5’9 and 180 lbs but very curvy!

4. melody

March 24, 2013 at 6:47 pm

Ive been trying to get into plus size modeling for years

5. Erika Frikken Smith

May 25, 2013 at 8:26 am

Hello I am from a small town I read the requirements for a model call, but do not have any funds to do this. I know I’m being a diva right now and asking for a special request, but please just look me up on Facebook. I promise you won’t be disappointed.
    I just want a better life for my family and posing for the camera comes naturally to me.
    Thanks if you would even consider this request, it never a hurts to ask. All u can do is try, right?
    Erika Smith

6. Sierra

July 28, 2013 at 9:45 pm

Hello, my name is Sierra. I’m really interested in becoming a plus size model. It’s something i’ve wanted to do for a while. I’m not sure how to get a photographer or how to start. I’m 18 and I know this is something i’d be good at. Help.. Please?

7. Chavontae Ms. Beautiful Hill

August 29, 2013 at 10:11 pm

Hi my name is Chavontae but I like to be referred. To as Ms. Beautiful. I love capturing a moment of art that is painted ot drawn in our lives. I love thinking outside the box from other individuals. I’ve always wanted to act and i love to ding. But my life had other plans for me. I am a mother if three beautiful kids. I am a single parent. I am adventerous, out going, kund hearted, genuine, loving, individual.

8. brttany

September 3, 2014 at 10:29 am

How do get started

9. Sandra W.

September 25, 2014 at 10:28 pm

How about 5’2? Southern, Short, And Sassy(: 175<3

10. Elena gonzalez de andrade

October 3, 2015 at 5:26 pm

Localizarme por instagran como mechecostu

11. Shanice fane

February 17, 2016 at 11:53 pm

Hello my name is shanice Fane.I’m really interested in becoming a plus size model my age 39 my 5’7 I’m not sure how to get a photographer or to get start

12. Carla

April 13, 2016 at 6:57 pm

Hello my name is Carla I’m 36 5’8 230 very beautiful unique love to get info how to get started

13. Carla

April 13, 2016 at 7:00 pm

Hello I’m Carla 36yrs 5’7 230 beautiful and unique love to get info

14. Laura Brown

April 30, 2016 at 1:06 am

5’7″ 26 years old, size 14-16 depends on the brand. I weigh anywhere from 210-215. Very proportional. 122 lbs of my weight is muscle mass.