Connect
To Top

Introducing Our Real Woman / Real Model Series: PMM Readers Featured in August 2014 Issue

Here at PMM, we believe beauty knows no size and we are excited to announce our Real Woman/Real Model Series. We are kicking off this series in our August 2014 issue, which is all about DENIM.

We held a real model casting search in early July, seeking women who didn’t have to be professional models and wore sizes 18 – 24 in denim jeans and 5’3 to 5’11 in height.

After viewing several submissions, we chose 5 beautiful women, who range in size from a 14 to a 24, to be featured in an exclusive fashion editorial that will be in the August 2014 issue, launching online on Friday, August 1.

real women series

Our beautiful models – from left to right: Kelly, Michele, Shaina, Veronica and Stephanie

Plus size fashion retailers featured in the editorial are Fashion to Figure, Lane Bryant, Avenue and Forever 21. The real woman models were styled by our Shopping & Style Editor Alissa Wilson and photographed by Luke Jones of Lucas Pictures.

Our real woman models Stephanie, Michele, Veronica, Kellie and Shaina had a blast during the shoot and we can’t wait to share with our readers. So we wanted to give you a behind-the-scenes peek at the shoot:

IMG_4039

IMG_4047

IMG_4057

IMG_4068

IMG_4125

IMG_4129

IMG_4136So be sure to check out our August 2014 issue, dropping TOMORROW, Friday, August 1 to see this exclusive feature and more. We’ll be posting more images on our social media pages with the hashtag #PMMDENIM.

And stay tuned for the next installment of our Real Woman/Real Model Series in our Love Your Body issue in our October 2014 issue!

IT’S A WRAP!

PMM-7-27-14 real woman denim-623

16 Comments

1. Christine Owen

August 10, 2014 at 2:26 pm

I have always wanted to be a model. I have started with some pinup modeling and I want to continue to do more!! It has always been a dream of mine.

2. Amy

August 11, 2014 at 3:19 am

To be a model a dream! Won 1st place as a model, 2nd for beauty- Gems en’ Pearls beauty Pageant and also, for Sunburst! Mom always stated – you have looks of a model-Be a model! Much of the same from many others! Here we are! Dark Blonde and 5’4, Pants/Dress- 18/20 Curvy and Muscular!

3. Marcy Cruz, Blog Editor

August 11, 2014 at 7:13 am

Amy, if you are interested in submitting your information for our next Real Woman / Real Model series, please go to the following link, read everything and submit what is required. Your comment will not be valid as a submission.

Thanks,
    Marcy

4. Pingback: Want To Be Featured In The Always For Me and PLUS Model Magazine "Real You, Real Adventure" Photoshoot? - PLUS Model Mag

5. kadian Nickens

February 7, 2015 at 12:54 pm

Been reading up on the site, decided why not take the chance and see what my out come will be or answer always wanted to do something positive and model hoping one day such dream will come true with the right direction to turn thank you

6. heaven

February 8, 2015 at 11:58 am

I am trying to get to the fashion industry by force. My name is Heaven Boudreaux. Im 25 and i have never modeled. Although i take wonderful pics on my own i think im ready to be glamourized. No lie. Check pout my facebook. Ttyl

7. Kiesha Lewis

February 9, 2015 at 6:01 pm

I would love to be a part of the photoshoot please contact me.

8. Theresa White

February 10, 2015 at 7:58 am

I’m 50 and curvy proud. All my life I’ve either been mistaken for a model or desired to give it a try. This is on my bucket list of things to do, would love to see it come into fruition.

9. Marcy Cruz, Blog Editor

February 10, 2015 at 8:32 am

Keisha: This photo shoot happened last August. When we have another one, we will announce it on the blog. So keep checking the blog. Thanks!

10. michael fisher

February 19, 2015 at 10:56 pm

“I wish nothing but the best to You. The stars are shinning.”

11. Alyssa Hernandez

March 2, 2015 at 11:30 am

I would love to model! I have done it before with reality models and sunburst. I also won Hollands next top model here where I live. Im 23, 5’2, sz 13 pant. I would like to know where I can get more information or who I would need to talk to to start up again!

12. Pingback: Plus Size Blogger Fashion Spotlight of The Week - PLUS Model Mag

13. Pingback: Real Curves / Real Women: A Fashion Editorial Featuring PMM Readers as Models - PLUS Model Mag

14. Pingback: Want To Be Featured In PLUS Model Magazine's Next “Real Women, Real Models” Photoshoot With City Chic? Details Here... - PLUS Model Mag

15. Shana Young

May 6, 2015 at 6:37 pm

Being able to put forward one of my most interesting qualities for everyone to see is amazing. I would love to join forces and accomplishall all that is needed. Looking forward to your contact.

16. Hollie

August 6, 2015 at 3:32 pm

I have always wanted to model as a big beautiful plus size girl yes so yummy…mmmmm…good!!!! I would like to know when will the next opportunity will come to enter for a chance to be featured in the next upcoming magazine? I love me because I am all plus size from head to toe God bless ?.