There’s an amazing event taking place in Tucson, Arizona on April 5, 2014. It’s called The Body Love Conference and it’s the brainchild of Jes Baker, founder of The Militant Baker Blog. Jes is known for being very body positive and vocal about loving the skin you’re in.
According to the official website:
The Body Love Conference is a high energy, positive and progressive event where women can come together to build a community in a supportive environment while participating in revolutionary presentations and workshops.
Some of the celebrity attendees already on the roster are:
- Tess Munster, plus size model and founder of the #EffYourBeautyStandards movement.
- Sonya Renee Taylor, founder and CEO of The Body is Not An Apology, an international movement of radical self-love and body empowerment that reaches over 100,000 people weekly.
Jade Beall of A Beautiful Body Project
- Chrystal Bougon, owner of Curvy Girl Lingerie
- Jen Mclellan from the Plus Size Mommy Memoirs blog
- Louise Green, Founder and CEO of Body Exchange Lifestyles, Inc. and the Producer of Platform for Plus Size
- Pia Schiavo-Campo, contributing writer for volup2 magazine, plus model and blogger from Chronicles of a Mixed Fat Chick
Jes is currently seeking funding to help out with costs of the conference. For those who donate, there are incentives according to the amount donated. Incentives include, but are not limited to, VIP forum membership, a photo shoot with Jes, limited edition t-shirts and an opportunity to guest write on her blog The Militant Baker. For more information on how to donate, click here to access the fundraising page on Fundrazr.
Sounds like a great event that we hope is successful since it is very needed at this time. To visit the official website for The Body Conference for more information, click here.
What do you think of The Body Love Conference? Will you be attending or donating towards the event? Please leave us a comment below and let us know.