We’re kicked off 2014 with a new look AND an important question that has been asked repeatedly to the plus size fashion industry by readers, consumers and fans…What is plus size?
With our February 2014 issue, we are continuing to talk to diversity within the modeling industry and in honor of Black History Month…The Black Issue has arrived.
This new issue has four beautiful African-American models on the cover and we didn’t stop there. We also have four alternate covers, featuring each model individually. You can check out those covers below (click on the image to see full size):
We’re so excited about this issue because it has 127 pages of so many must-read articles, interviews and editorials that are all about the beauty of diversity, a first look at Spring and an exclusive fashion editorial from Ashley Stewart.
Here’s some of the great stuff you can find in our latest issue:
- An exclusive Spring Preview fashion editorial from plus size retailer Ashley Stewart, showcasing a mod theme with geometric prints in black and white paired with bright spring colors. Featuring models Samantha Lebbie of IPM Models and Liris Crosse of Dorothy Combs Models. (pages 66-74)
- A great interview with plus size model Liris Crosse by our Editor-in-Chief Madeline Jones. (pages 77-84)
- The Black Issue fashion editorial featuring our cover models Wyinnetka Aaron, Chearice Vaughn, Ariel Brownridge and Monique Robinson wearing clothing from Ashley Stewart, Chic and Curvy Boutique, H&M, Forever 21, Torrid, Always For Me, and more. (pages 85-94)
- East Coast Beauty Editor Tara Taylor talks about top beauty brands for women of color: complexion and skincare. (pages 41-42)
- Wear Now Wear Later by our Shopping & Style Editor Alissa Wilson – all about transitional pieces that you can wear all year round and get the most wear out of your wardrobe. (pages 51-53)
- First Look at Spring by PMM Executive Fashion Director Reah Norman. (pages 63-66)
- Laced With Desire by new fashion contributor Danielle Melnyczenko (Danimezza.com) – talking to the various lingerie pieces that every woman can buy and feel sexy and confident. (pages 57-60)
- Plus model Tash shares her top 5 Beauty Favs. (pages 45-46)
- Plus Modeling 101 with Editor-in-Chief Madeline Jones. (pages 115-118)
To see all of these articles, interviews, editorials and more, check out the February 2014 issue of PLUS Model Magazine by clicking here.
And we always want to hear from you and what you think. So please leave us a comment below or on our Facebook page, on Twitter or Instagram and let us know what you think of the latest issue. Happy reading!