This month, our annual Love Your Body issue is back and this year, we have done something different.
We want to celebrate body positivity and body confidence and show that you don’t have to wear revealing clothing or pose nude/almost nude to prove that you love your body. Body confidence is about how you feel on the inside to the outside. It means loving all of you, even your flaws and being proud of who you are. And with that in mind, this issue is unedited and not photoshopped.
We feature four powerful women in this issue as our main story, all of them with an empowering story to tell. Our cover model Michelle Punzone (MSA Models) is one of those women and she tells her story about feeling a bit lost after becoming a mom but getting back into her career with full force.
These women are true role models and that says volumes during a time as Editor-in-Chief Madeline Jones says in her Editor’s letter:
“We are living in an age when anyone can pretend to be someone they really aren’t. There’s many people calling themselves or being called ‘role models’.”
Here’s some of the must-read articles you’ll find in our Love Your Body Issue 2015:
- PMM Love Your Body Unedited: 4 women, 4 stories, Unedited, Unscripted. (pages 108-123)
- We asked “What does body love mean to you?” and 11 plus size women from all walks of life answer that question. (pages 38-53)
- PMM Fashion Exclusive: A look at the new DP Curve plus size collection from UK fashion retailer Dorothy Perkins. (pages 78-87)
- Associate Beauty Editor Marianne Meissner discusses how to get beautiful and bold eyebrows in her latest installment of Marianne’s Beauty Tips. (pages 62-63)
- How to Master The Trends That Scare You by PMM Associate Fashion Editor Sarah Chiwaya. (pages 70-75)
- Top 10 Trends for Fall by PMM Associate Fashion Editor Ashley Rose. (pages 76-77)
- 7 Style Hacks That Let Your Wardrobe Do The Work by PMM Executive Fashion Director Reah Norman. (pages 66-69)
- Curvas Latinas: our first magazine feature in Spanish with Suzanne L. Ujaque Guzman of SuStyle.com, reporting on the plus fashion world and all that is happening in the Caribbean and Latin America (pages 98-106).
To see all of these articles, interviews, editorials and more, check out the October 2015 issue of PLUS Model Magazine by clicking here.
What do you think of our first-ever Latina issue? Let us know by leaving us a comment below or on our Facebook page, onTwitter or Instagram. Happy reading!