The moment many of us have been waiting for is here! The new Boutique+ Ashley Nell Tipton for JC Penney collection has launched today and it’s the first exclusive capsule collection from the Project Runway Season 14 winner.
According to the official press release, this collection “challenges the rules of full-figured fashion by offering sophisticated silhouettes and trendy touches that appeal to millennial shoppers. JCPenney is the first and only national retailer to feature Tipton`s designs.”
Tipton said in an official statement:
“JCPenney has given me the opportunity to realize my dream of designing fashion for curvy women everywhere who want clothes that make them feel young and sexy. Drawing inspiration from 1950s bombshells, I chose high waist pencil skirts and paired them with crop top blouses because I wanted to show how every body can rock this combination. Ultimately, the collection is about turning up the volume on your style as well as your confidence. I want women to wear these pieces and feel great about how they look.”
The collection is offered in sizes 0X-5X and up to 30W so Tipton is staying true to her mission of offering stylish fashion-forward pieces to women above a size 24 and 3X.
Here’s what else you need to know about the new collection:
- The collection is all about curve-enhancing looks inspired by 1950’s fashion.
- It includes slash knee jeggings; quilted pencil and box pleat skirts; cropped cape-sleeve blouses; boyfriend tees; and bomber and moto-chiffon jackets represented in a rich color palette of rose tan, indigo, olive and black cherry.
- Design elements include lipstick prints, bold horizontal stripes and sequins that give the collection a modern twist.
- Prices range from $15.99 to $35.99 for graphic tees and pleated skirts, while moto and bomber jackets are $49.99 to $74.99.
- Ashley Nell Tipton for Boutique+ is available in 500 stores and at jcp.com.
- A holiday capsule lands in stores on Oct. 28 and will continue the ’50s aesthetic with elevated faux fur pieces and shimmery festive embellishments.
Here’s 5 pieces from the new collection that we are definitely buying ASAP!
**It comes in lipstick print (left and swatch below) and this beautiful pink/black stripes (right). Love!
If you’re in the NYC area, you can see Tipton’s new collection on the runway on Tuesday, September 6th! There will be a fashion runway show in Greeley Square on West 32nd Street between 6th Avenue and Broadway, open to the public.
There will be three shows: 12noon, 1pm and 5:30pm. You can then shop the collection in person at JC Penney in Manhattan Mall, across the street.
What do you think of Tipton’s new collection for JC Penney? Will you be buying some pieces? Comment below and let us know!
Click here to check out the Boutique+ Ashley Nell Tipton for JC Penney collection.