The former Spice Girl-turned-successful fashion designer and entrepreneur, embarks on new territory… into the world of mass retail and affordable fashion.
- The collection will launch April 9, 2017, at all Target stores as well as Target.com.
- The collection will be available in stores until April 30 or until supplies last.
- Beckham has been in talks with Target for “several years”. She tells BoF:
“The timing just felt right. I’ve made no secret of the fact that I wanted to put a collection out there for people who either can’t afford designer prices or don’t want to pay designer prices.”
- There will be more than 200 items in the collection, priced between $6 and $70 with the majority of items priced below $40.
- It will include apparel and accessories for women, as well as young girls, toddlers and babies.
- According to BoF, “silhouettes from her Victoria, Victoria Beckham line served as a primary reference point for the Target collection”.
- We saved the best for last… the collection will be available in sizes XS to 3X! And some (not all) stores will carry plus sizes from the collection. This is the first time Target is making plus sizes available in-store from a designer collaborative collection. All items available in plus sizes will be available on Target.com.
Unfortunately, there will be no shoes and handbags in the collection but we think the apparel alone will generate major interest to the point where we can see this collection selling out FAST.
Beckham has also not forgotten about her international customers. She will also stock select items on her own website Victoriabeckham.com, so they can shop too!
She expressed her excitement to BoF on embarking in this new fashion territory:
“I can reach so many more women through working with Target. It’s not just because of the price point but because of how many stores that they have, located all around America. These are women that I haven’t been able to reach out to in the past, and I always say that I want to empower women and make women look like the best versions of themselves. That shouldn’t be only people who can afford to spend a certain amount of money.”
Target is a pioneer when it comes to designer collaborations and we are looking forward to what they and Victoria Beckham serve up in Spring 2017.
Beckham seems confident and looks forward to reaching new customers via this partnership:
“These are clothes that I want to wear. I feel that I’ve been very, very honest with myself, my customer, and I am hoping to find a new customer as well.”
Stay tuned to the blog as more details unfold on this exciting designer collaboration. Follow us on social media @plusmodelmag to chat about this major news and let us know what you think!