+ Slay Plus Size Fashion & Style
+ Plus-Size Models, Modeling and More
+ Body Confidence
+ Love Your Curvy Life!
WIN BIG With These Giveaways!
Together with trainer Charity Lynette and our friend Kim McCarter we are showing you two moves that do not take a lot of time and will give you maximum results.
All you need is a chair and a pair of dumbbells.
* Please consult your personal physician before starting this or any exercise program.
Squats tone and strengthen your hips and thigh muscles as well as your hamstrings, quadriceps, and gluteus maximus.
1) Stand in front of a chair with your feet hip-width apart.
2) Slowly lower your rear toward the chair without sitting down.
3) You can hold your arms together or put out in front of you.
4) Straighten your body to the first position. (standing)
Beginners should try 1 set of 8 reps and build up from there.
This exercise strengthens and tones the back of your arms.
1) Stand with your feet hip-width apart.
2) You can hold both dumbells in your hands.
3) Slightly bend your knees.
4) Placing one hand on your thigh, lift your elbow up and then push the arm back.
Do 20 reps – with each arm
The degree of difficulty depends on the weight you are using. Maddy is using 3 pounds.
Once you are ready, move to 5 pounds and so on.
Photos by Lucaspicturesnyc.com
Fashions provided by LiviActive Athleisure by LaneBryant.com
LiviActive Athleisure available here