Day #4 of FFF Week included a great panel discussion that sparked great conversation, questions and a debate within a full room of bloggers, business owners, media, models and others.
The “Welcome to The Great Debate: The Future Of The Plus Industry” panel discussion was presented by True Model Management and included a panel of plus industry leaders from areas such as media, modeling, blogging and fashion. The panel discussion was hosted by actress and comedienne Erica Watson.
- PMM Editor-in-Chief Madeline Jones
- PMM Executive Marketing & Creative Director Alexandra Boos, who also scouts talent for True Model Management and was a plus size model for 25 years
- Marie Denee, Blogger of The Curvy Fashionista
- Monif C., Designer and Owner of Monif C. Contemporary Plus Size Clothing
- Chrystal Bougon, Owner of Curvy Girl Lingerie
- Jill Alexander, Designer and Owner of Jill Alexander Designs
- Is the word “plus size” a dirty word?
- The use of smaller sized models and lack of race diversity within the plus modeling industry
- The popularity of blogging and how many bloggers have parlayed it into a lucrative business and brand
- How consumers have power since they are the ones buying and the need for consumers to let retailers know how they feel about the use of smaller sized models, the lack of larger sizes and the fit of clothing.
It was an insightful debate and discussion that included many questions from those who attended. Suzanne Ujaque of Su-Style.com was there and she filmed a wonderful video recap of the panel discussion for Su-Style TV – please note that some of the video is in Spanish but it is still a great recap of the panel:
Image credit: Lucas Pictures, Su-Style.com