To Top

What Options Do I Have if I Do Not Meet the Criteria for Plus Size Modeling?

What Options Do I Have if I Do Not Meet the Criteria for Plus Size Modeling?

There are many other options for aspiring plus models, including commercial modeling, fit modeling, and parts modeling. You can also model locally and for specialty boutiques and designers that are interested in your specific look.

So if you do not meet the basic criteria for plus modeling, do not despair as there are other options for you.

Do I need money to
be a plus size model?

1. Louise Hunter

May 5, 2012 at 1:02 am

What Options Do I Have if I Do Not Meet the Criteria for Plus Size Modeling?

2. jasmine herbert

December 26, 2013 at 10:32 am

hello i am an aspiring plus model i have all of the requirements my only problem is finding an agency near me who represents plus models that are 5’7. is there any hope for me? because i love modeling sooooo much> thank you

3. rachel a mcpherson

April 23, 2015 at 7:50 pm

How can I get started? Where should I go? Who can I contact?

4. Genesis Lagos

May 21, 2015 at 6:31 am

My name is Genesis Lagos ,I have always admire the pretty girls in the front covers of vogue but I knew I would never be any of them . I’m a big girl but not big enough to be a plus size model and not small enough to be a Victoria’s secret model. One boundary I will always run into is my height ! Most agency want a pretty face with the height of 5’7 . I’m 5’1 and not the prettiest girl . I just wonder is there any agency that will accept a short thick Latin female wanting to accomplish one of her dreams ?

5. G

June 5, 2015 at 6:31 pm

My 20 yr old daughter is 5’11 40 29 39 160 lbs sz 10… Porcelain white flawless skin long brown hair and beautiful crystal blue eyes small perfect Irish nose and big full lips…. She’s absolutely stunning…. And if that’s not enough, she has a heart of gold and a warm loving personality….she could absolutely be the next big beautiful model!

6. Christine Bennett

July 2, 2015 at 5:08 pm

My name is Christine Bennett, and I pretty much do meet the criteria to become a plus-size model where I am 5’8″ (Just slightly above the line) and fit into a size 18, however, I do have a few piercings and a couple of tattoos because I’m more on the rock and roll side. I am determined to get into the modeling business, but I am looking for an agency that promotes the rock and roll style fashion (specifically that 80s retro look like for Rolling Stone or what not). I’m not really looking into one of those top-rated agencies, but one that does generic like fashion or pin-ups, then that’s all I am searching for. Any suggestions?

7. Marlene Perez

September 14, 2015 at 9:56 pm

Hello my name is Marlene but others call me by my nickname Sugar. I’m 5’3 and I understand that does not reach the criteria but I do wear heels . I believe everyone has beauty including myself . I’ve always been told I should try and become a plus size model and I agree because I know deep down my soul I can give you what you all are looking for all I ask is for a chance . I do not have a nice body but there are many beautiful women who have the body I do and would like to see more of women like them in magazines to prove Beauty has NO size weather their skinny, chubby, saggy , all are beautiful . Please all I ask is for a chance .

Please contact at … [email protected]