This issue is all about summer style including wearing bold and bright prints, shopping, inspiration and as always, invaluable information about plus size modeling.
Our cover model spoke with PMM Editor-in-Chief Madeline Jones in an exclusive interview where she talks about the challenges she has faced when she first began modeling, tips on how to handle rejection and be positive in the modeling industry, how she feels about the term “plus size”, and much more. Desiree’s interview can be found here. (pages 90-95)
She’s also featured in the 10-page For The Love of Prints fashion editorial that is all about the hot “mixing prints” trend this season (pgs 78-87).
We also recently announced our everyBODY model search and you have until May 23, 2016 to enter. You can find out more information here.
Or visit www.everybodycontest.marlawynne.com/.
Here’s some of the must-read articles you’ll find in our May 2016 Issue:
- The +Project Reveal: See the new collection from designer Marla Wynne and PMM Editor-in-Chief Madeline Jones with PMM reader input. We asked what you wanted in a collection and you answered. (pages 52-59)
- Bold & Bright Print Styles in sizes up to 8X by PMM Blog Editor Marcy Cruz featuring stunning print looks from Beth Ditto, Yours Clothing, Avenue, Kiyonna, Gwynnie Bee and more. (pages 60-65)
- Associate Beauty Editor Marianne Meissner offers her Summer Beauty Must Haves in this month’s Marianne’s Beauty Tips column. (pages 38-40)
- Associate Beauty Editor Tara Taylor talks Summer Beauty Trends in this month’s Tara’s Beauty Tips column. (pages 42-43)
- Mom’s The Word: 5 Stylish Gift Ideas for Mother’s Day by PMM Associate Style Editor J. Sheri Atwell. (pages 50-51).
- Summer Hit List: 8 Hot Summer Trends by PMM Executive Fashion Director Reah Norman. (pages 46-47)
- Modeling 101 – The Do’s and Don’ts of Entering a Model Search. (pages 120-122).