January Editor’s Letter – New Year… New You, Brought to You by Dia&Co
Hold On To A New Year Full of Possibilities!
As you well know, I don’t do New Year’s resolutions. I believe we should be on a continual journey of growth every day throughout the year. With that being said, I do believe in setting general goals for myself and for PLUS Model Magazine as a guide so we are focused and empowered.
I remember putting the Puerto Rican flag on my vision board for a few years. I wanted to be involved in creating a larger movement on the island so that my “sisters” would be a part of the global body positive movement.
A few weeks ago, I had the privilege of visiting Puerto Rico on a press trip for Su-Style TV.
During this trip, Suzanne Ujaque and I announced The Su-Style Expo.
The event is the first of its kind for the island and I’m very proud to be a part of this history making event.
Mark the date on your calendar… on April 1, 2017, history will be made in Puerto Rico.
Although it was on my vision board for YEARS, I was patient and kept it there every year because I knew it would happen in my life one day. I never gave up on that dream.
With social media changing the landscape of the plus size industry, many people have found themselves completely bewildered over how to move forward with so much competition in such a small pond.
I will tell you as I have told many people in the last 12 months:
1) Stay authentic to your voice.
2) Don’t look at others as competition; we are all in this together.
3) Don’t take things personally – not from brands, designers or others. You may not be everyone’s cup of tea but the perfect collaboration is just around the corner
4) If you need to take a break from social media, do it! Don’t let numbers consume your life. LIVE LIFE!
5) Last but not least, do what you love. When you no longer love what you are doing, it’s time to tweak, change or step into the next chapter of your life.
This month, we welcome Kayla Jones and Tiffany Green as our cover models.
PLUS Model Magazine and Dia & Co. joined forces to find two Style Icons we would feature on our cover. Come back later this month to learn more about each model search winner!
As always, thank you for your support of PLUS Model Magazine and of our vision to continue to be an integral part of the plus size industry and your life.