Many of us have watched the news with horror as the COVID pandemic has spread throughout the globe.
The health crisis has affected every country, whether it be a small country or one of the largest nations in the world. After turning 36 this month, my entire household caught COVID. Let me tell you, being sick with a 14-month-old baby is much harder than my husband and I could have ever imagined. Thankfully, everyone is feeling better and I’m here to tell you that there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Yes, COVID is a scary virus. But don’t let fear paralyze you! It can be hard to plan for something as unpredictable as this, but here are some tips on how to protect yourself and your loved ones from the virus—and stay safe while you do it.
First, get tested. If you are at risk for CVID (you have a sibling who has CVID or someone in your family has been diagnosed with it), get tested as soon as possible. The sooner you know for sure whether or not you have the virus, the better.
Next, follow these tips:
- You should talk with your doctor about what kind of treatment is right for you before making any big plans for how to spend your time after getting diagnosed with COVID. They’ll help guide you through what steps might need to be taken next so that your quality of life can stay as high as possible even after receiving this diagnosis.
- Stay away from public places (like stores) where there are lots of people coughing and sneezing because doing so puts you at risk of catching something else besides COVID.
- Wash your hands frequently and keep any cuts covered with bandages so that germs don’t get into them because germs spread COVID very easily across surfaces like tables or door handles where someone else could touch them later on without knowing they were infected; this is called secondary transmission).
- Make sure you stock up on supplies. Get at least two weeks’ worth of food and water, as well as enough batteries and/or solar power to keep your home running. Be sure to include any medications or other items that may be essential in your life. Don’t forget about your pet and the supplies they need!
- If you have the strength, stay active: Exercise is proven to reduce stress levels, which will help your immune system stay strong and fight off the virus that may be attacking it from the inside out!
If you’re sick, the best thing you can do right now is taking care of yourself. It’s important to drink plenty of water and stay hydrated as much as possible, as well as eat nutritious food that will help keep your immune system strong. It’s also crucial to get enough sleep—adequate rest will help keep your body functioning at its best while fighting off this new virus. Taking time to rest your body and sleep is critical when you are sick, especially with COVID.
This goes without saying, stay home! Binge as much content as you want while you rest your body and work on getting healthy. Don’t forget, the best way to protect yourself and others is by staying away from public places like work, school, or shopping centers until your symptoms go away or subside significantly enough that they no longer pose a threat.
And don’t forget, this too shall pass!
Stay Safe and Healthy!